What We Believe
Our mission is to make Christ-like disciples, reaching the un-churched, maturing them to the fullness of Christ, thoroughly equipping each member for the service of the Lord and fulfilling the Lord’s commandment to love the Lord with all our hearts and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
We are an independent, Bible Believing, non-denominational Christian Church, committed to following New Testament teachings. As our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ prayed,
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one; I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” – John 17: 20-23
Michigan City Christian Church seeks the unity of all believers based upon the teaching of God’s Word.
The New Testament teaches in Acts 2:47, that the Lord adds to the Church those who were saved. The condition, which brings a person into a relationship with God, brings them into the Church and we require nothing more, nor can we require less. To become a Christian, God’s Word commands everyone to:
- BELIEVE in Jesus Christ — John 3:16 & Acts 16:31 — Belief means to trust in or rely upon. With such belief, one is willing and ready to obey the following conditions of salvation.
- REPENT or turn away from sin — Luke 13:3 & Acts 2:38
- CONFESS faith in Christ — Romans 10:9-10, Matthew 10:32-33
- BE BAPTIZED through immersion into Christ — Mark 16:16 & Acts 2:38
- When such conditions are met, God adds us to His Church.
If you have met God’s conditions for salvation and Church membership, we would welcome you to join our congregation. Please connect with us.