A History of Michigan City Christian Church
Michigan City Christian Church (MCCC) is the blending of three Restoration Movement Christian Churches in Michigan City, IN. MCCC is comprised of First Christian Church which began in 1907, Earl Road Christian Church which began in 1956, and Countryside Christian Church which began in 1978. In January 2010, First Christian Church and the Earl Road Christian Church officially merged and became the Michigan City Christian Church gradually absorbing many members from the former Countryside Christian Church.
Together the three congregations continue to present God’s Word faithfully to Michigan City, La Porte County, and the surrounding communities. All three churches historically have been mission-minded and MCCC continues that legacy by regularly supporting fifteen mission organizations worldwide in addition to a special monthly offering taken for other missions to help meet their needs.
Throughout the history of the churches, many members have gone off to Bible Colleges and now minister in a variety of vocational ministries as ministers, youth ministers, missionaries, youth workers and other fields of Christian Services.
With one of the Pleas of the Restoration Movement being “Unity among all Christians based upon the Word of God”, the three congregations joined together for the Kingdom of God and we hope to demonstrate the influence that such unity can have in the community we serve.
The Michigan City Christian Church is located at 11232 West Earl Road at the original Earl Road Christian Church building.